The Maui County Council is a nine-member legislative body of officials who are elected on at-large basis (i.e., all County voters can cast votes for all nine seats), one each from nine residency areas. Each Council member is elected for a two-year term.
The Council is the legislative and policy-making body of the Maui County government, as provided by Section 2-2 of the Charter of the County of Maui: ‘All powers of the county shall be carried into execution as provided by this charter, or, if the charter makes no provisions, as provided by ordinance or resolution of the county council.’
Council member email addresses:
- Alice.Lee@mauicounty.us, Council Chair
- Keani.Rawlins@mauicounty.us, Council Vice-Chair
- Tasha.Kama@mauicounty.us, Presiding Officer Pro Tempore
- Gabe.Johnson@mauicounty.us, Councilmember
- Kelly.King@mauicounty.us, Councilmember
- Mike.Molina@mauicounty.us, Councilmember
- Tamara.Paltin@mauicounty.us, Councilmember
- Shane.Sinenci@mauicounty.us, Councilmember
- Yukilei.Sugimura@mauicounty.us, Councilmember
KELLY KING: Kelly Takaya King holds the County Council seat for the South Maui residency area. She is the Chair of the Climate Action, Resilience, and Environment Committee.